AIS OWN SHIP
Own Ship appears on the screen of its own often, so it can be removed as follows:
1. Insert a Service Key
2. Exit the TECDIS program
3. Open My Computer and go to C: Program Files TECDIS
4. There you find the file TELchart.ini
5. Open it (it opens in Notepad)
6. Scroll until you reach the section that begins with[Options]
7. Find the following line: ais_alarm_watch = 1
8. Convert it to: ais_alarm_watch = 0
9. If you can't find ais_alarm_watch, write itat the top of [Options].
10. When set to = 0, then TECDIS will not respondThis type of alarm message from AIS.
11. Save the file (note that you do not have to change the file type orfilename; it must be stored as telchart.inia. Select file type All Filesb. Enter the full file name: TELchart.ini